Roughly how much would it cost to replace rads?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There,
Can anyone tell me roughly how much it would cost to replace 5 rads in a one bedroom flat?
2 small ones, 2 larger ones and we would like to put a towel heater in the bathroom instead of replacing with a rad.

Any recommendation on someone to carry out the work would also be appreciated.

Thanks,
Lee

Sponsored Links
That would cost around so much give or take a few quid and thingy could do that for you as he lives around your way . Hope my answer is not too vague. :rolleyes:

I'll do it for £ 399.99, just to be a bit cut-throat.

Sponsored Links
It would cost one million pounds.

My recommendation is that you engage a plumber or heating engineer to carry out the work.

If they are standard metric lengths then we give a budgetary price over the phone of £200 each to include a TRV4 and new lockshield and refilling with X100 inhibitor and servicing the boiler.

Tony

Well, my price was for all three rads, and includes the building of an entire 20 bedroom estate house, with stables, standing in four rural acres, including natural lake and light aircraft landing strip.

I think I know which quote represents the real bargain.

Well, my price was for all three rads, and includes the building of an entire 20 bedroom estate house, with stables, standing in four rural acres, including natural lake and light aircraft landing strip.

You've taken that way too far :LOL:

Yes. Because servicing the boiler is an obvious thing to charge for when replacing rads. :rolleyes:

Thanks to those who replied with helpful information.

Thanks to those who replied with helpful information.
Sincere apologies - I forgot to say that the price included a one-year lease on a Cessna 350, and a lifetime subscription to Vague Customers Monthly.

Yes. Because servicing the boiler is an obvious thing to charge for when replacing rads. :rolleyes:

Servicing the boiler is called "added value". It would otherwise cost the customer about £60 but is quick and easy for us to do when already on site!

Thats as long as its not a Powermax 155! I went to one yesterday and I fixed the minor fault but I am still wondering if I did the right thing by suggesting that he contacts Baxi to get them to service it.

Its a pretty new boiler and lovely and clean and looks perfectly straightforward to service although we would have to charge more than our usual service fee as its somewhat more involved.

Tony

Servicing the boiler is called "added value".
Only if you're arrogant enough to believe that your opinion is more important than anyone else's. Some people would regard "throwing in a boiler service" when the bill for three rads is £600 as an insignificant climb-down from out-and-out extortion.

Its a pretty new boiler and lovely and clean and looks perfectly straightforward to service although we would have to charge more than our usual service fee as its somewhat more involved.
I don't give a t*ss how hard you found it and how much your "usual fee" is. This is a DIY site for the giving of technical advice, not a free advertising site for ex-radio engineers. :rolleyes:

As you may have gathered it is going to be very hard to give prices on 'small' or 'large' radiators... if you go to the hair dresser and ask for 'short' you might get a nasty surprise.

However, if you are looking for decent rads, such as Myson or Stelrad, try getting a price for a 'radiator heatpack' from Plumb Center. You should find it cheaper than buying all individually. Make sure the sizes and styles (K1 P+ K2) are matched to your rooms.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back