Danfos HSV3 valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

First post of many, I am sure now that I have found this site. It looks very supportive.

Happy New Year (belated now) to all.

I have a problem (leaking gland) with my Danfoss HSV3 valve for my CH system. I have purchased a replacement (off the internet from the UK) and when it arrived it is an HSV3B and not an HSV3. Different body and different Valve (plug) in that it is a paddle instead of a shoe (according to the Danfoss info).

My question, having looked through the Danfoss literature, there is no specific guidance I can see. So what is the difference between the two and could I use this different valve (HSV3B in the place of the old HSV3).

Many thanks,

HS

Sponsored Links
Yes, straight swap.

I'd replace with Honeywell as I think it's motor open, and spring close. I may be wrong though.

Mr. W.

Mr W,

Thanks for the reply. Do you know what is the difference between the two valves. I would like to understand why the two are different and if it is a straight swap why one is a padddle and one a shoe.

Thanks,

HS

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back