Replacing a Danfoss HPV28 2 port valve

18 Aug 2008
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Have a leaking HPV28 2 port shoe valve (with HPA2 Actuator) on my central heating system. From all the post I have read the recommendation is to replace it with a Honeywell but I am not sure which V4043 I will need.

Is the V4043 a shoe valve or a paddle valve? Does it matter if I switch from one to the other?

SPST or SPDT the Danfoss is SPST but the Honeywell site states that the 28mm only comes in SPDT

Direction of flow. This is not specified on the Danfoss but is on the Honeywell. I presume the direction of flow is away from the pump but want to make sure I get it right.

Thanks for your help
Sponsored Links
if its a central heating valve it will fit and work. however the threads on the valves may be different and the fittings may be male/female depending on the manufacturer, especially with a 28mm valve. some manufacturers inexplicably use both.

direction of flow is either by an arrow or by letters a and b stamped on the valve. "a" goes to the pump side, "b" goes to the outlet side.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links