Costs/depth of UFH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am considering installing UFH over concrete floor in the following rooms: 10m2 playroom -> 15m2 kitchen -> 8m2 entrance hall -> 23m2 living room. I’ve been advised that wet system is the best but can’t be installed over concrete as the heat would dissipate downwards. Is there a way to insulate? Also considering our ceilings are rather low, how much of layering depth will I loose due to UFH installation i.e. insulation, pipes in screed, then tiles engineered wood on top?
Is wet UFH is really that cheaper to run/service than electric Warmup?
What is a ballpark for wet and electric for my sizes?
Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
No way possible to give prices online. You would be nuts to even think they would be accurate.

UFH is possible onto concrete but not as good as IN the concrete.

What is the ceiling height?

Is there insulation under the concrete? If no and you have anything less than 3m ceilings forget it. The lowest build height is Uponor's system 12 which gives about half an inch build height before sub floor.

Electric is useless for anything more than background heat in a shower room IMHO.

I agree with Dan. However an overlay system can be installed with castellated insulated board.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back