Costs of Artexing a Ceiling?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I would love to have my ceiling Artex and was wondering if anyone knows what the going costs are? £50, £100 or even £1,000, I wouldn't got a clue!

Room size is 4m x 3.5m

As you can see in the photo, I like this Circle Pattern.

Would patterns put on extra on costs or does all artexing cost the same?

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Why? I mean really, why? Seriously why would you want to artex a ceiling?

But why? Please explain.

Did I ask why yet?

Do you live in a time warp?

Just, why?

I cant see anything wrong with a person who would like artex on his ceiling. Years ago when artex was fashionable there was people who had never seem it and when they did they loved it and wanted it. It's like anything that goes out of fashion and comes back in again and I think that artex will be making a comeback soon.....

Paul35
If you like something then thats ok with me, In the 80's you could get that pattern done on your ceiling in one day. By the way that pattern is called
"Circle".It used to take one day to prep,seal,tape and pre-caulk joints and nail heads and allow to dry, then next day caulk joints and nail heads allow material to firm up but not dry then apply finsh coat and then texture it. But they brought out a product called Artex quick-start which allowed you to prep everything in one day and then apply the Artex AX and texture the same day. I know all this because I actually went on a coarse to learn how to apply and texture with artex. This was in 1993 and I must admit I never really got much work out of it when I had done the coarse as it had lost its popularity by then. But every ceiling and wall panel in my house I was renovating had a different artex pattern inbetween the beams.I made a bit of money in kitchens and bathrooms with a pattern called Broken Leather which was quite easy to do but effective, You put a thin plastic bag over the rubber stippling brush and laid the artex on then dab and turned the stippler.Some old boy out there might still be able to do it for you .You never know you might be starting a new "craze" off....Good Luck ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back