Coucil lack of common sense.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just read in the paper......A pensioner was threatened with prison or a 50,000 fine.What was his crime?This pensioner lived by the sea,in fact,his garden backed onto the beach.After weeks of bad weather and storms the wind blew the sand into his garden.His garden was covered in sand.When the weather eased he phoned and asked the council if he could
return the sand to the beach using his wheelbarrow load by load.
The council response....This would be class as fly-tipping which has a £50,000 fine or a prison sentence.They even threatened to confiscate his wheelbarrow.The Pensioner had to pay a private contractor
£500 to remove it.Where has the common sense gone in these councils :?:

Sponsored Links
:eek:

Just when you think the country's full of small minded, petty, bureaucratic ******s you realise there's still room for more...

Sponsored Links
The council tried to fine people round here for putting stuff on bonfires last November.

Saw this story on text and p****d myself laughing. You couldn't make it up. Somebody should dump those stupid councillors on the beach. What he should do now is pester the council to come and clean the sand up. They'll sharp get sick.

WHY DID HE BOTHER TALKNG TO THE COUNCIL! They all need to be told that their job is to help the rate payers, not to make their life frustrating through their small minded stupidity.

COME THE REVELOUTION!

If a councillor had the sand from the beach in his garden,I bet he wouldn't pay a contractor £500 to move it.The councillor would get their council works department to move it back to the beach.
I remember a few years back when I live near Eastbourn on the south coast.A guy was raided early hours in the morning.Now this guy was not a international drug dealer.His crime........Nicking sea weed on the beach.That's right. He was using sea weed washed up on the beach for his veg plot.A council spokesman said at the time "This is stealing from the council.Too many people take the seaweed which could affect the delicate bio structure of the region."All I know was that if it stayed on the beach it would rot,attract swarms of flys and stink to high heaven.Then the council bulldozer would come down on to the beach and load it onto a lorry which took it away to dump.

Rommy , why do you keep calling the councillors, all they do is attend meetings to claim their allowances and vet their mates money making schemes.
The people who implement the policy are the officers who like to occasionally assert their authority over the poor taxpayer.

ya gotto lafff.. All that sand going to LANDFILL . Seaweed,takes me back a couple of years to when our local council had a bit of weed spring up on local beach

see This

The guy that authorised the removal was given the day off and sent to london to get a commendation for this attack of common sense :LOL:

And nearly 18 months later borough coast protection officer Steve Woolard travelled to the House of Commons to pick the Green Apple award at a ceremony hosted by Rt Hon Patricia Hewitt MP, Secretary of State for Health.

:eek: :LOL: No one give me the day off when i do sumat right.... :confused:

confidentincompetent said:
ya gotto lafff.. All that sand going to LANDFILL . Seaweed,takes me back a couple of years to when our local council had a bit of weed spring up on local beach

see This

The guy that authorised the removal was given the day off and sent to london to get a commendation for this attack of common sense :LOL:

And nearly 18 months later borough coast protection officer Steve Woolard travelled to the House of Commons to pick the Green Apple award at a ceremony hosted by Rt Hon Patricia Hewitt MP, Secretary of State for Health.

:eek: :LOL: No one give me the day off when i do sumat right.... :confused:
Iav de sam problum. No one giv me de prais when i is rite.

Spark123 said:
The council tried to fine people round here for putting stuff on bonfires last November.

Tell thi what sparky ive worked in these departments, i know what goes on, and their aint a thing yea can do about it, i was a surveyor for a local council and my job was to inspect contractors work , so has you do you go round props and inspect, when you find faults with the workmanship
and report back to base, i started to get hard times from the (BIG BOSS)

Anyway it turned out that (BIG BOSS) left the council and gained a top job with....................................................................................................
..........................................................................................................
..........................................................................................................

yes you got it the contractor and this is how the spiral of corruption goes.
He who has ears let him ear says BRUCE LEE

Sponsored Links
Back