Could I drain a washing machine through this pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could I drain a washing machine into this drain some how , it’s the only outlet nearby, what do I need if so thanks

Attachments

• E1557E8D-69CF-45F0-ABA1-AB32CFE7E85C.jpeg
    E1557E8D-69CF-45F0-ABA1-AB32CFE7E85C.jpeg
    178.1 KB · Views: 67
Sponsored Links
Looks like a condensate drain. Where does it go to on the other side of the wall?

Yes....length of plastic pipe, then a tee - shorten the condensate then connect and elbow onto it and then fit onto the side of the tee using the reducer that's already there, then another piece of vertical pipe out of the top of the tee and clip that to the wall. That's then a stand pipe and then hang the drain hose, in it's grey/blue former, into the top of the pipe.

You may want to get a central heating/plumber to re do the condensate into the side of the tee.

Sponsored Links
The condensate will need an air break/tundish introduced into the pipework, if it doesn't already have one, will avoid any backfill back to the boiler. Advisable to get a CH/GSR bod to do the condensate properly. Could also use a saddle clamp into a single pipe of vertical pipe for the condensate.

You could also put an appliance spigot on the horizontal leg of the tee and connect the drain hose to that and just feed the condensate into the top as it is just now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back