Could you let me know if this quote sounds reasonable....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a back boiler system with 7 rads.

I added a bottle of system cleaner about 4 weeks ago so it could be working around the system, and have contacted a local plumber to carry out the following work....

Drain down and flush (not powerflush) the system a couple of times to wash out the cleaner, and hopefully some of the crud from the system.

While drained down fit two thermostatic valves to two of the rads. Fit a spirotrap magnabooster to the boiler input pipe. Fill system, add inhibitor, and sort any airlocks.

I am supplying the spirotrap unit, but the plumber is supplying the two valves and the inhibitor fluid.

I do not know how long this will take, but am guessing at about 3-4 hours.

Quote I have been given is £250.........

Is this in the ball park of being reasonable.

Cheers

Steve

Sponsored Links
£200 for his labour and £50 for materials ;) So even if he`s all day he still gets £200 . and he doesn`t need to be Gas Safe registered :idea: which is probably why he`s happy with a double ton - better still if it`s cash . ;) It is very reasonable - and no one in the trade should be able to cock that one up :LOL:

Sponsored Links
eastbourne harbour is that where all the *****'s live? the op might not want a powerflush but he'll expect the same results!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back