Council phone tapping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Don't know if you read the article below in the Telegraph.
It reports on how just about anybody, including your local council, can get approval to tap your phone and intercept your mail and email

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/mai...FFOAVCBQUIV0?xml=/news/2008/01/29/ntap129.xml

One person made a wonderful suggestion that I have copied below
Why not put a note in your diary to follow up on May 1st and send copy to everbody you know

Suggestion
"I read about three or four years ago that there were about 200 'keywords' which would cause your conversation to be 'tagged' for further investigation. Initially the monitoring is done by automated computer before a human decides whether to proceed or not. British Telecom at Oswestry, GCHQ and RAF Menwith Hill near Harrogate are three of the more well known centres controlling this system. There are more less well known ones though.

Words to guarantee you instant attention if repeated enough or spoken in a certain pattern include the obvious ones like 'terrorist', 'AK47', 'explosion' etc (you get the picture?) but intriguingly also include things like 'Alien(s)', UFO, 'flying saucer' - what the heck is going on here?

I have a suggestion anyway. With enough notice, how about May 1st(?) if tens of thousands of people could volunteer to make dozens of calls on that day to other like minded people, peppering their conversations with likely 'keywords' we could in all likelihood overwhelm the system and cause it to crash. This would be an effective method of letting these elites who control us know that we are tired of being treated like potential criminals 24/7 365 days a year.

If there were any justice in this world, the US spy satellite due to crash to Earth in the next few weeks and rumoured to be carrying Plutonium!! would crash right on top of one of these spy bases forcing permanent closure. We can but hope."

Sponsored Links
What if the terrorists use code words like AK47 = Peashooter. Bomb = pudding?

Thank heaven the terrorists are so dumb.

tell me Rick how did the police get to know about the guy in brum who wanted to behead a british soldier hear in the UK, and put it on you tube :confused:we are been watch 24.7.now :cool:

Just think of the info that can be gathered.

Your movements from traffic/security cameras, also from the signal from your mobile. The recording and monitoring of your telephone conversations, the monitoring of your shopping habits by analysing any credit/debit card spending, a poke through your bank accounts and medical records. A check up on your passport as to where you went on your last holiday.The monitoring of what TV channels you watch, who you send emails to and their content, which websites you visit etc etc

Sponsored Links
This is nothing new, they used to check library usage way before we all went on-line.

do they spell check the keywords first? Only some terrorists may not have had the education we have been priveleged to.

tell me Rick how did the police get to know about the guy in brum who wanted to behead a british soldier hear in the UK, and put it on you tube :confused:we are been watch 24.7.now :cool:

Quite sure MI5, 6 and other spooks make sensible use of the powers to tap lines etc. Billyo and no probs with that.
But the local Council having the same powers because they "suspect" I may be flytipping? C'mon!

Does anyone remember the story a few years back, an idiot was bragging on friends reunited about his drug dealer lifestyle since vacating school. he got arrested. Someone reads all this stuff, probaly some nerd trawling this lot as well. ak47 pudding roger over and out.

Sponsored Links
Back