Couple of questions Texecom premier elite 24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi completed the wiring, and followed the start up seq, all good, no tampers programmed all zones all ok but i have a couple of questions.

Q1.... Got the prem elite keypad and once armed using the code, when i try to disarm its telling me it can only disarm with tag, havent got the prox tags yet, can this be turned off so just a code is required. cant seem to find it in the instructions.

Q2... Have a couple of texecom impaq plus sensors and the green light is showing all the time on 1, tried adjusting the sensertity, but its lit contsantly, checked the zone on the keypad, and its not showing any faults. Have i a faulty sensor, have a couple of other impaqs in the install and there working as they should be.

Cheers in advance.

Sponsored Links
Have u unchecked to Cust O/P 2a Tag option in Wintex ?, that should sort the disarm with tag problem. What happens when you walk test the sensors ?

Thanks for the reply, not using wintex programing thro the keypad, can i still access it to uncheck.

On walk test it doesnt detect anything, tried swapping it with a impaq from another zone and that works so looks like i have a faulty sensor.

Cheers again

Sponsored Links
Not sure how to do it via keypad sorry though you should be able to, it's well worth using wintex it makes programming so much easier. Does sound like a faulty sensor if another works in its place. Sometimes depowering and repowering can sort shocks though, so worth trying that before you exchange them.

Thanks alot for the replys, will have a go tommorow, finger crossed.

From the keypad log in as Engineer, goto setup users, then for every user keep pressing Yes until you get to User Locked by timer, then change the fifth field from T to . Repeat for all users.

From the keypad log in as Engineer, goto setup users, then for every user keep pressing Yes until you get to User Locked by timer, then change the fifth field from T to . Repeat for all users.

Shoot me down if I'm wrong but I think it defaults to 'Locked by timer ......... C' on new Elite 24's just as its bigger brothers do, and can be removed by pressing 'NO' then Zero, or just Zero on that screen. You can correct me for that bit pcaoulte. :mrgreen:

Sorry, I was wrong. :oops: Jibbeh is right. You need to sixth field from C to . rather than the fifth field from T to . Jibeh is also right that you can get rid of the C by pressing Zero on the User Locked by timer screen.

Quick update, sorted it cheers, as stated got rid of the C and no longer need to enter tag.

Another question if i may regarding connecting 2 Premier Odyssey 2E, followed the instruction

Remove tamper wire from MSW 2 on first unit and connect to spare core. On second unit connect spare core into MSW 1.

Can i get them both to activate when either one detects a tamper, Or is that a bad idea.

Cheers again.

dont fprget to set one bell box to scb to cut down on the power supply in alarm condition.

There running of a 3 amp psu, so there will be no issue with power.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back