Coupler type for this shower please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Im installing a thermostatic shower mixer, see picture, and need to work out what I need to connect to water supply. I need to chase part of the wall to install pipe and then fill hole tile and connect up the shower.

I have speedfit plastic pipes and fittings connecting to the bath taps and can easily fit a T to the hot and cold. A pipe will then go from the T up the chased wall and connect to the shower somehow. Please can someone advise on what they would use, i.e. speedfit plastic pipe all the way, or copper 15mm? Also, and the biggest question, how do i couple the shower to the water supply pipe? The shower mixer has threaded 18mm ends that connect to something, but cant work out what that would be? The threaded 18mm ends come away from the shower mixer with if you remove the grommet with allen key.

Thanks all
20220827_074746.jpg

Sponsored Links
Personally I’d be piping in copper for extra rigidity, but you can do it in plastic. As for connection to the shower and water, you need a metric by imperial fitting, such as a wall plate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back