Pump fed shower - Air Lock??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 2 showers in my house fed from 1 pump.

Watermill 3 bar grundfos pump is mounted in the bottom of the airing cupboard and is fed from a cold water feed from loft and a pipe from the top of the hot water tank (slightly above 1 metre drop).

From the other side of the pump the piping is teed off to feed:-

Bathroom Shower - 15 mm Copper pipe to a mixer, copper from mixer into loft and back down to shower head - no issues with this shower

En Suite shower - 15 mm White plastic piping into loft, down to mixer, plastic pipe back into loft and down to shower head. Fittings used are white (speedfit??) - This shower worked for about a month and then no water would come out.

I went into loft and separated fittings to check if there was water there. Nothing coming out of feed from mixer when turned on, so issue not with shower head. Separated cold (I think??) feed connector and water came out straight away. Done the same with hot feed and after a very short delay water came out, when I re-connected I could hear the system (mixer etc) fill up. So I again have a working shower but I suspect not for long as this is the second time in a month I have had to do this.

I'm guessing the issue is with the fittings as the fault cleared when I disconnected/connected the feed, but I guess with having plastic pipe I am stuck with these, appreciate any help/suggestions

Plumber installed and made a right mess, he originally connected hot to cold connection on mixer and vice versa, so temperature wouldn't stabilise. I swapped these round in loft and it has worked ok since (apart from airlock issue)

Sponsored Links
Worked ok for 2 weeks, en suite shower now not working again

Open the mixer, nothing happens

Appreciate any help..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back