Shower Mixer Installation Advice Please.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Now that I have a new combi boiler, I want to remove the old electric shower from my shower cubicle. I would like to fit a thermostatic shower mixer instead, and re-tile the cubicle.

I would like to fit either a bar type mixer, or a flush chrome plate one - please see link http://www.tapstore.com/acatalog/Artisan_Valves.html

The shower walls are breeze block construction. Are these types of mixer suitable for solid walls, or only for use on stud walls? Chasing for the pipes shouldn't be too bad, but what do I need to cut into the wall for the mixer part (especially the plate type mixer)? What fittings do I need to go in the wall to mount the mixer, and where do I get them from?

Many thanks for any advice. Any other suggestions welcome.

Sponsored Links
Toolstation, Pulsar, BES? and others do bracketry for the external one. For the buried one you just have to struggle. If it's a single breeze wall it might be too thin for that type.

Thanks for the quick reply chrisR.

With the plate type mixer, is it best to chisel out by hand, or is there a suitable core drill?

I think wall is one course of blocks, although its only a cupboard other side, so not a problem if I have to go right through.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back