Coupling microbore to standard (15mm) radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have removed my bathroom radiator and wish to fit a small towel radiator. I have purchased a 600mm width radiator and the existing pipes will match up perfectly as long as the fittings are the 'straight through' type. Howevert the system is fitted with microbore 8mm pipes.

What is the best way to go about the fittings? I can get the straight through type but all the ones I have seen are 15mm so some sort of reducer will be required.

I have seen these:
http://www.screwfix.com/p/solder-ring-fitting-reducer-15-x-8mm/64553?_requestid=81240

and have seen 'reducers' but do these fit to the 8mm pipe like a large fat olive?

Advice would be appreciated

Steve

Sponsored Links
this is what you are looking for but you will get cheaper sets as you dont say if you are looking for chrome or brass or white you get many variations, probably cheapest would be 15mm ones as they are more common and buy 2 x 15mmx8mm reducing sets the link you showed would also work but you will have to solder this on , if you are comfortable doing that then that is the cheapest way

http://www.screwfix.com/p/danfoss-ras-d-chrome-trv-8-10-15mm-straight-l-s/43668

Good luck

Thanks for speedy reply.

I have soldered fittings before but would need to get out the blowtorch (we have just moved so it could be anywhere!)

I have looked for the same fitting but with compression at the 8mm end.

I cant find anything of this type though.

Any idea what the 15mm fittings with built in reducer are like?

Sponsored Links
St0rmer66

Thanks for the link. So much for my search on the subject :D

Steve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back