Courses Available

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys been watching this forum for a while now,Really want to try my hand at plastering.
Can anybody recomend a course to go on in the Hampshire area preferably within about 45 mins of Southampton.Cheers fellas. :confused:

Sponsored Links
just pick urself up a cheap but nice ragni finishing trowel and get an old board and practise.

take a look at the link below, if inside of ur head it all makes sense and ur feeling up to it just give it a go on the board.

http://www.ultimatehandyman.co.uk/PLASTERING_CENTRE.htm

I find if its ur first time use multifinish and make it quite thick, it will dry quicker but its really much easier to manage when its thicker, then as u get better u can make it less thick so it will last longer before drying out.

This is how i learnt and within a couple of goes on the board and practise on one wall im plastering quite nicely with out a piece of sand paper in site.

Good luck

just pick urself up a cheap but nice ragni finishing trowel and get an old board and practise.

take a look at the link below, if inside of ur head it all makes sense and ur feeling up to it just give it a go on the board.

http://www.ultimatehandyman.co.uk/PLASTERING_CENTRE.htm

I find if its ur first time use multifinish and make it quite thick, it will dry quicker but its really much easier to manage when its thicker, then as u get better u can make it less thick so it will last longer before drying out.

This is how i learnt and within a couple of goes on the board and practise on one wall im plastering quite nicely with out a piece of sand paper in site.

Good luck

Thanks emphasis will buy myself a piece of board and give it a go,have got the use of some equipment without having to purchase them.

Yea it’s really simple; at upwards of 150 quid a day, I can’t really understand why everyone isn’t doing it! ;)

That web page hardly covers this cross between skill & black art very well at all & I would suggest you read the archive posts as there are many threads in there that will give you a better idea of what you’re up against. You really have to understand what’s going on with the materials your using & then you will find you can either do it or you can’t. I’m self taught but doing a short course will help as will watching a decent plasterer & picking their brain. There are also some good DVD’s around that will help you get started but don’t expect too much too quickly; &, as I said, you will probably find you either have the knack or you don’t & if you don’t then probably no amount of practice will make much difference!

Sponsored Links
Try your local college for evening classes.

I'm 5 weeks into a 10 week basic DIY plastering course at Poole college and I'm finding it very good. The instructor has over 30 years of experience, you get to use their tools and supplies and it was only £145.

I know I will need a lot more experience if I was planning to do this as career but it gives you confidence to try more jobs at home .

Hope this helps .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back