Plastering Course

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I have always wanted to be able to plaster myself. I am a fairly competent DIYer and have had some building experience in the past. My plastering experience to date has been patching small areas and filling small holes.

I have found that "AbleSkills" offer a 4 day plastering course (spread over 2 weekends) for £250.

I was wondering whether you guys had an opinion/advice on whether the average person would possibly be able to plaster with the experience taken from this course?

£250 is quite a bit of money but I am prepared to spend this if afterwards I will be able to make a good attempt at plastering.

Are there any self taught DIY plasterers on here?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I originally taught myself the basics and then attended my local community college where for £100 for an evening course (10 sessions of 3 hours each) which helped immensley.

If money is a problem, try getting a video (like gold trowel) and reading up on some of the really good suggestions on this site about how to plaster.

If you've got a practice wall (or could stick a bit of plasterboard up in the garden) then get yourself a few bags of plaster and practice practice practice!

you could look at diyplastering.co.uk i bought his dvd having never previously plastered anything and was able to skim a wall with very few imperfections. I imagine if i attended the guys course I would be able to skim walls to a near perfect level.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back