Covent garden tonight. Full of Arabs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't buy any parts or materials that are imported? Not even a van?

Still not my problem. I don't want to go VAT.

My van is a Vauxhall not renewing any time soon. Most things plumbing and heating I can buy British made products... I used to fit Viessmann now fit Ideal boilers

Sponsored Links
Still not my problem. I don't want to go VAT.

My van is a Vauxhall not renewing any time soon. Most things plumbing and heating I can buy British made products... I used to fit Viessmann now fit Ideal boilers

So your making just under 85k and your moaning about competition, how many jobs you lost to cheaper plumbers

So your making just under 85k and your moaning about competition, how many jobs you lost to cheaper plumbers

I do all the time... But I'm expensive. I have no problem being expensive. Once I have the job secured the quality of my work comes before my profit.

Me being under the VAT helps me compete

Sponsored Links
I don't want to go VAT

Making tax digital came in earlier this year, so becoming VAT registered means having accounts software........

HMRC want to reduce VAT threshold down to £20k or so.....

Making tax digital came in earlier this year, so becoming VAT registered means having accounts software........

HMRC want to reduce VAT threshold down to £20k or so.....

If that's the case then at least its a level playing field and I'll have to deal with it.....

Cash in hand jobs will be the negative response to this.

The vat threshold doesn’t apply to me as I’m exempt so any changes, whatever they may be, won’t affect me one bit.

If that's the case then at least its a level playing field and I'll have to deal with it.....

Cash in hand jobs will be the negative response to this.

Its frozen till March 2022. Unlikely to change IMO.

I crossed into the 40% tax bracket last year. I don't mind that it's the VAT I want to avoid. If I can do this without breaking the rules then I'm happy...
See your accountant. Go limited. Pay yourself just below the threshold as a salary, take the rest in dividends. No NI, No company NI, 7.5% tax on dividends (first £2k exempt). Not as good as it used to be but a lot better than 40% plus NI. Better still if you make your wife a director too. All legal and above board. Still have corporation tax to pay but still works out worthwhile. (y)

See your accountant. Go limited. Pay yourself just below the threshold as a salary, take the rest in dividends. No NI, No company NI, 7.5% tax on dividends. A lot better than 40% plus NI.

If Bodd wants to avoid the paperwork etc with VAT, I cant see him wanting to incorporate.

It does reduce tax liability but dont forget labour is no longer counts as an expense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back