Covering copper pipes in the floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Several years ago we had new central heating pipes laid in the floor of the living room which were going to be covered with screed once we did the rest of the room up. Plumber had just covered them in the felt lagging. The lagging was just fabric not the ones which also had a plastic backing so I was also wrapping the pipes up in gaffa tape which had been previously suggested by the plumber for some other pipes which had no covering what so ever.

I've since read on here that they should have been sleeved in plastic but we can't retro fit that and I'm now wondering on the best way to cover them to:
1. stop them being corroded by concrete
2. allow a bit of flexibility when they heat up and to take the radiator on or off as the pipes come up out of the floor straight to the radiator
3. We have a bit of damp in the floor so were recommended to paint over a damp seal to the whole floor

All advice welcome, I'll pop up some photos below

Sponsored Links
20231019_163239.jpg
20231019_163228.jpg
20231019_163221.jpg

Wrap in hair felt or Denso tape. More to allow expansion not for corrosion resistance.

Sponsored Links
Thanks I've been trying Denso tape but there is not much room to wrap it around and I'm worried doing it moves the pipe around too much. Is there anything you can paint on the pipe to help stop corrosion?

Is there anything you can paint on the pipe to help stop corrosion?
Again, it is room for expansion and contraction you need, more than corrosion resistance.

Perhaps just lay hair felt on top and fill with screed. It doesn't look it will get much foot traffic where it is.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back