covering kitchen cabinet ends - ideas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone. I installed my kitchen a couple of years ago and after finishing I realised that I had forgotten to fit the cabinet end covers on where the extractor hood is.

Problem is that the cornicing is the same off white as the doors but the cabinet shells are white, so it doesn't look great. Plus the dream from cooking is beginning to affect the mdf which should be better covered.

I am about to put the house on the market so need a way of covering this up to make it look nicer and more uniform.

Do any of you have any ideas what I could cover it with? The gap between the cabinet and the hood is maybe 1-2mm so Inwas wondering if it was possible to get really thin brushed metal panels or something.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Up close it spoils the look of the kitchen and makes the fitting look s**t. Which it sort of is....

Personally I would leave it as it is but you could take one of the doors to a paint supplier or even (Homebase, get them to scan the colour then paint it using a cupboard paint.

I reckon that brushed steel would look too heavy and highlight the fact that there are no end panels

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back