Covering up Rads Fischer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
An elder family friend has just changed to a Fischer Heating system, ALL her 10 Storage heaters will be removed and new 13 Fischer rads installed in 2 weeks time

The heaters are white, which she dislikes, and also 2 of the existing storge heaters are in cupboards , with mesh holes in doors - and a solid top - advised by installation survey to remove or cut slots in top

she wants to add additional cupboards to 3 other rads - the ones which are a brown finish in the lounge/hall/dining room

i have a carpenter coming next week to look into
BUT
any advice on design , in order to minimise the blocking effect of these rds, I tried to talk to the Tech dept of Fischer, but they just referred me to the installation chaps , who we have already discussed with

I have seen various reviews , however, she has signed the contract in June , paid deposit and as i say instal will be in 2 weeks - so we cant go back

she currently has electric heaters on in rooms as well as storage heater

Sponsored Links
Is it really too late for her to pull out? I've heard many bad reports about this company, about astronomical installation costs which will never be recouped in energy savings (if indeed there are any energy savings, which seems debatable in itself). They've been hauled up multiple times by the Advertising Standards Agency for misleading advertising too - most recently just last month. I suggest you have a very close look at what's being offered and consider whether it really is too good to be true, and too expensive to be worthwhile. Personally, I'd run a mile.

Any kind of radiator cover will block the heat to some extent. Certainly anything with a solid top is unavoidable. Radiator covers will typically increase energy bills by around 10-15%, which will definitely wipe out any possible savings you get from these new radiators

been there done that - BUT she wants them and paying £18K which will never be recouped however, we are where we are - and as i say she has heaters on in addition in rooms - so during the day , the bar heaters area also heating rooms and rooms with no heater in
replacing 10 for 13
she has rooms with the storage heaters on she never uses , so hopefully - there will be a saving there having rads set to 17C and not 3Kw heaters taking night power - even at 8p per KWH v 20P per KWH - i hope that will balance out a lot

OK, so we can put slots into the tops of the 2 that are part of the decor
and then discuss which ones she wants covered up and if really necessary , and use the 10-15% reduction in efficency

i went through with the survey guys how to install them all - and made it a condition of contract that these guys actually return to do the work as we have agreed , which they have agreed to and have confirmed again today they will be returning.

I have seen various reviews and things - BUT she wont change now at this late stage, as she is convinced , and a very close friend has told her how brilliant they all are , hence why the sales man turned up

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back