Covert cameras.

BML

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to set up some covert cameras in my house for when I go away for the weekend. I know it wont stop thieves but at least I will be able to identify them.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
why don't you set up overt cameras which might deter them? Prevention of crime is better than prosecution

I would preffer to see them sent to prison.

Getting a picture won't catch them. What will you do with it? Most burglars are amateurs who may not have a police record, and the police are too busy to start searching through photo files for a domestic burglar.

He may not be sent to prison anyway.

The best plan is to have overt cameras to deter, but hide the recorder in case they come in looking for it. That's what I do.

Sponsored Links
Fit them out of reach too, you dont want them putting a sock over them etc.

Get good quality cameras. That IMO is the best thing you can do, scrimp on cheap cameras and no mater what you put behind it you cannot improve the image.

Read through the threads on this forum for recommendation on what kit.

How right you are. Where we lived a few years ago we came home one evening and my wife noticed that the sensor was pointing towards the sky. I sat up until daylight but Father Christmas did not call.

The covert camera will warn me when it activates. I will go out to see what is happening with a shotgun. The person will attempt to assault me and the shotgun will go off. What a pity, another scumbag out of the way.

The cameras will be overt in prison, where you might have Tony Martin's old cell.

Just what I was thinking. His own camera might even help to convict him.

But he will have to be a good shot from so far away:
I want to set up some covert cameras in my house for when I go away for the weekend.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back