Coving and ceiling rose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, we are in the middle of decorating and have used peelaway7 to successfully remove years (and layers) of old paint off the original plaster coving and rose in our hallway. It's a Victorian Terrace so dates back a good hundred plus years.
We want to decorate now but unsure of what paint and technique to use? On new bare plaster I've always done a mist coat of 50/50 water and Matt emulsion. Would I do the same on this old plaster coving or because it's so old and been painted previously, is a must coat not necessary and in which case can I just use the Matt emulsion we're using on the ceiling?

Thank you so much in advance for any help that you can give me :)

Sponsored Links
Wont do any harm to mist coat it again. The ceiling Rose and Cornice were made of plaster of Paris and were very thirsty when raw. They would generally have been done with an oil based eggshell to finish them off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back