coving and ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there
forgive me if there is already a thread. I am not sure of the name of a particular piece of kit.

I want to cove my rooms, as i am not hot at cutting in and so on.
What are the strips that go vertically on the corners from ceiling to skirting board called?

Really stuck on the name, as i need to ask for such a thing when i go and buy coving.

I want to cove my two bedrooms, and living room..Plus put some of those strips down all corners..

Help!!

Sponsored Links
I have seen coving not only run around the perimeter of the room but also drop vertically to the floor on internal angles and external angles.
But I'm not to sure if that is what you are talking about?
Is this something you have in mind or something you can show a picture of?
"Not hot at cutting in"
Is this the only reason you want coving?
If so what do you mean by cutting in? We may be able to help you with that!

Well i have already painted, just need to gloss. With some cutting in mistakes(messy overlapping0 i have touched up a bit..but decided on the main horizontal coving and those thinner strips that go down the corners..

i love the actual painting, just not good at the doing..But least i don't whine like some women , about getting my hands dirty ..hehe

Sponsored Links
I have no knowledge of this strange corner product you speak of - unless, as PBofD says, it is coving that has been applied vertically. :confused:

I also don't understand the cutting in part because you will have to cut in to the coving and corner pieces.
When cutting in don't try doing it with a small brush. Use a good quality 2" or 3" brush, with fairly long bristles, loaded well and drag along the edge in one movement. This allows the tips of the bristles to run along the corner without any overlap.

You are not thinking of plastic corner guard are you :?:
http://www.intastop.com/wall_protection_self_adhesive_corner_guard.html

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back