Coving Ceiling with different dips.

so people walk in a room and only notice the edge of the coving that sits against the wall. they totally ignore the fact that the edge against the ceiling has been butchered :LOL:.

Sponsored Links
so people walk in a room and only notice the edge of the coving that sits against the wall. they totally ignore the fact that the edge against the ceiling has been butchered :LOL:.

Hardly butchered the bit shaved off and gets filled by the ceiling and is subtle you may have walked into loads of rooms that have been done this way and not even realized it your answers to the ops question shows me you have not much experience in solving problems sorry to say,

Last edited:
he’s talking of 15mm low spots. that means taking the whole feature line off the cove in parts. hardly subtle.
cowboys everywhere.:eek:

Sponsored Links
Obviously there is a limit to what can be acheived with this but those 15mm spots wont be 15mm once the edges have been floated in

Interesting thoughts. I cut the ceiling wallpaper making it ready for tomorrow to strip the border then I will see what is the background to the corners and ceiling edges.
I used my 82mm wooden block to mark the points in the corners. I screwed in screws to hold the chalk line on point. Pinged it and knifed out the border.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back