Coving Corner Pieces Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
Bought some coving from Wickes yesterday, i got the duropolymer stuff. The reason i got this was because i previously tried the plaster stiff which was too heavy for me to work with, tried the polystyrene stuff and didnt really get on too well with that so i fancied a change.
The question i have is i bought some of the corner peices for an easier life but what I bought was instead of the corners being a one peice effort, they are are two peice effort. if they are one peice its a bit easier because if the corner isnt exact then i can apply some filler to where it is out but with the two peice any gaps are going to be seen on the join which is going to be tricky to sort out because its a bit patterned/shaped.
What would i do in this instance? Shave a bit off one of corners so it fits?
Also, i bought some coving adhesive, would this be strong enough to hold this without pins? It is very light stuff (the coving)
Lee

Sponsored Links
The lightweight coving that is polystyrene or the paper faced one , i put up using caulking. I use a blade to trim the corners to suit and finish all the edges with caulk. Works every time.

I use a pin gun to lock the coving off whilst the adhesive is drying, it also helps to force the coving to follow the contour of the wall. ( i pin into the coving rather than using pins above and below).

Unlike robbieuk I haven't used standard caulk, I have only used solvent free gap filling adhesives such as Gripfill.. It is very similar to caulk but "wetter"? It does shrink back more though. When the walls merit it (ie are wobbly), I fill the wall/ceiling gaps with Red Devil OneTime, thus enabling a crisp finish for cutting in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back