Coving falling off emulsion coated walls - help

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
How's it going lads,

I got a plasterer in as a nixer to skim the entire house but got gcoving up as an after thought after a couple of coats of emulsion went up as undercoat. When eventually I got the painting going we took the supporting pins out from around the coving and a length fell down with gaps forming between the ceiling and coving elsewhere. We quickly put the pins back in.

Anyway, I rang the plasterer back and he was to come and fix it on two separate days last week but is giving me the run around. He was on about drilling the coving and filling with expanding foam, which doesn't sound great to me. She's in my ear about getting the painting finished and moving in. I'm wondering is there some way of fixing the existing coving without pulling it all off and scoring the walls, which I think is what the problem was as stated in other posts.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Screws sounds like the easiest way to be honest. And then more caulk to cover the cracks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back