Coving in fully tiled bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry if this is wrong place but cannot see a bathroom section. We are redoing the bathroom and will be tiling the wall from top to bottom and the floor. the misses wants coving, the plaster stuff, but ive been informed that it will get all mouldy with the condensation in there. Is this true?

Sponsored Links
It depends if you get mould or not now, it is really only plasterboard which is painted, so not much different from your present ceiling probably.
I can't imaging it will be any more prone to mould just because of its shape, indeed it should reduce the area of "dead" air movement in the top edge of the wall / ceiling where it tends to form.

Edit.
You could use lightweight coving which is warmer than plaster so less prone the new stuff like this,

http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wc...ay?langId=110&storeId=10151&partNumber=699091

Is a far cry from the old polystyrene stuff you used with tiles once painted you will not tell it from plaster.

With adequate ventilation, and painted with a "quality bathroom paint", there shouldn't be a problem. Ventilation is the key though.

Sponsored Links
Floor to ceiling tiles are OUT. Coving In the bathroom was never IN.

Tile the wet areas and paint the rest.

Oh come on Joe, next you will be telling me it's not cool to Artex my lounge and fit a serving hatch!

I agree with the floor to ceiling tiles from Joe,,, been there, done that, but never again. It's as bad as having a serving hatch and artex in a lounge, i mean who does that nowadays? Oooops, sorry FootyP,,, not. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back