Coving Question - please help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am going to start coving my house this week, feel pretty confident with mitres, but have one annoying problem,

How do I cove up to my door frames? I have those really horrible ones that run all the way up to the ceiling, and I'm worried if I cove up to them, you will be able to see the arch gap behind the coving. Is there any proper way of ending coving when you meet an obsticle?

Any advice would be a great help.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Mitre into them..meaning cut a small piece from the coving and mitre it back into the wall...the coving will probably finish three inches or so from the frame but it will look neater, its your only option really appart from filling the ends.

yep as zappa says mitre into the wall at right angles
its called a "return end "plan the point its going to finnish an example if your coving is 3"deep may look good 3"from the frame tis up to you ;)

Sponsored Links
Ok, that makes sens. From what I understand, take a small section of the coving, and cut 45 degree angles (as if it were skirting) from the edges to make an matching end piece. Sounds like a plan and will have a go at that.

Thanks for your advice guys!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back