Coving

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Recently I put up some polystyrene coming up around my front room. The idea of keeping it low of the ceiling was so I can put some led lighting strips behind it. So I did that . However than I painted over it with white gloss paint and in day light it looks spot on without the lights on. Later on that night I switched on the led strips and noticed that when lit up you can see that the coving has been painted and can see brush marks. It taking away the effect of led strips.

Pls can anyone help and advise how to get rid of the brush marks while the led strip is on.

Sponsored Links
Did you accidentally paint the LED strips while painting the coving?

Perhaps you will have to remove the strips and do a better paint job?

Hi
The led strips are not painted whatsoever, I painted the coving and now at night when the led lights are on , the paint on coving is showing the brush marks and the fillers where the joints of the coving has been attached

Polystyrene not suitable for lighting, you needed the cardboard covered styrene.

Sponsored Links
Yes I realised after ..is there anywhere I can rid of them like paint over with a primer then paint over with white gloss paint.

Unlikely to be effective.If you have room you could remove leds and add tape to the inside edge then re install led's.Foil tape would prevent the light penetrating the coving, but a fiddle of a job.

Yeah it seems like it is going to be fiddle of a job. But going to see what I can do. Someone has told me to paint it over few times. First primer then gloss paint as polystyrene coving sucks the paint up quick

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back