Cowboy builder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I suspect I have been dealing with a cowboy builder.

He took advantage of my lack of supervision when repairing the cracks to the front of our building. I asked him to remove the paint from one of the lintels to reveal he did the job as per specification.

He failed to come back to do that and to collect the final payment as contracted (due on satisfactory completion of the job).

I am considering getting the lintel cracks repaired by other local reputable builders. There were additional vertical cracks too on the exterior brick work. I would not be able to pinpoint the exact locations of the external cracks to the front elevation without removing the paint from the entire front elevation!

In order to get the jobs done as per the original job specification of the surveyor, I would have to get the jobs done all over again with the additional cost of getting the cracks revealed.

Please advise the procedure for the financial redress and what should be the order of my priorities for the repair.

Sponsored Links
was this a copy of the letter to your solicitor or are you asking a diy question somewhere :?: :confused: :rolleyes:

show us a piccie. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back