CP12 help, please.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there.

After 10 months of trying to sell my house, I'm now going to try and let it out.

My problem......
4 weeks ago I had an annual Gas safety check done under my BG Home Care agreement.
Since then I have decided to let the house and BG tell me that I need to have all of my gas appliances re-checked (at £60 per appliance) plus the £25 for the CP12.

It just seems a shame that I will have to pay to have my 3 gas appliances serviced all over again, just 4 weeks after being done.

Is it a case of bad timing on my part or is it worth pushing it with BG?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Appliances will have to be re checked as a CP12 has to be produced and will have to be dated at the time of inspection. It would be illegal to back date one and no engineer would sign one with out checking the appliances.

If you think of it in the terms of an MOT, the test station would not issue a certificate a month after the MOT as thigs may have changed since then.

Sorry to say but it seems like its just bad timing although if you were to get a local engineer out to inspect them it should be cheaper than the £205 that BG are asking!

In Manchester i would have thought it would be around the £120/130 mark

cp12 aka landlordcertificate, has nothing to do with the service done by bg.
You can get a much better deal (and probably better job) from good local rgi.
200 quid is taking the............

cp12 aka landlordcertificate, has nothing to do with the service done by bg.
You can get a much better deal (and probably better job) from good local rgi.
200 quid is taking the............

I charge £45 plus £10 per appliance servicing.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys.
Does seem like bad timing but I really appreciate your recommednations on getting a local CORGI to do the job rather than BG.

Cheers

As with anything, just shop around for the best price and you'll get a good deal ;)

We charge just £65 if no BBU or gas fires.

My trainee who moved to manch says he has to charge £55 there and somtimes just £45 for stingey agents who dont work on saturdays.

Tony

As the other guys have said, stear clear of BG for your CP12 fella! Corgi website type in post code and find or ring a few local RGI's. They would defo be cheaper than BG :rolleyes:

£60 first appliance, £30 second or each subsequent appliance (eg fire), £10 to visually check a cooker/hob, £5 for the certificate, all plus VAT.

I don't work for stingey agents or landlords, only those that appreciate a proper job done at a proper price ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back