Cpx alarm !check code! Help needed (please)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I have a CPX eurosec gtag. The alarm has gone off, battery in a sensor, now shows !enter code! Check!. I enter the master code, go to remove the zone/sensor, but it won’t let me?

I have the engineers code, but don't know where to enter the code to remove the zone until I can get an engineer or I can replace the battery.

when I try to remove zone, the alarm panel shows the error message on the photo. I Dont want to take the battery out until I’ve taken the zone off, my kitten has already wet herself out of fear already.

thank you very much

Attachments

• IMG_6930.jpeg
    IMG_6930.jpeg
    199.4 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_6910.jpeg
    IMG_6910.jpeg
    148.6 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I will replace the battery, but need to take the zone out first. I had it serviced recently, only replaced the main battery not those in sensors (thats another story!).

this has resulted in my cat wetting herself out of fear, and now im worried more will go off. So, just need to take the zone/s out, then decide what to do

Replace the batteries in all the wireless devices, walk test if they aren’t working after that then consider taking them off the system?

if it was serviced why wasn’t all the system done, batteries don’t last forever.

Sponsored Links
Replace the batteries in all the wireless devices, walk test if they aren’t working after that then consider taking them off the system?

if it was serviced why wasn’t all the system done, batteries don’t last forever.
Thanks, if I open the sensor the alarm will go off. i just need to remove the zone so I can take the battery out. Yes, batteries should have been replaced, he replaced the main battery, but his version of what was said is different from mine

Shouldn’t go off in your in engineering and even if you were out of engineering you could silence with user code

Shouldn’t go off in your in engineering and even if you were out of engineering you could silence with user code
Thanks for trying to help, i dont know how to get in eng mode which is the problem, dont worry about responding, you must be busy.

Last edited:
Read the installation manual if you get stuck post back.
Thank you, nothing in the user or install manual that covers it when it states !check code! Status. i enter the master code, just asks if i want to set system, then goes off again. I need to remove the issue before it will set, i need to isolate the zone, thsts what i did before when it happened before he came to service it….

The master code is not the engineers code, do you have the Engineers code?

I am looking at the manuals I can find online the information is in there step wise.

https://www.slideshare.net/fooklim/cpx-eng-manual

so what happens when you try and use engineers code?
Yes I know they are different codes :-/. When I put the eng code in, where it states “enter code! Check!, nothing happens.

and you have never used them before?

so use user code then cancel the set
type in a random 4 digit code or the default engineers code 1234

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back