Crack in plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a property that I used to live in and it had a crack running from above top window then from under window to first floor. So the crack is underneath the window in the bedroom on the inside to. The room was always wallpapered . I am wanting to sort this out for good. The crack was always there when my mum bought the house and I bought it off her so a good 30 yrs without getting worse. My mum got the house pebble dashed and it came back on outside and if patch plastered on inside it came back. When it came back it would always go the same as it was no worse. First thing you would think is subsidence but the property has been in our family for over 30 yrs and it has not got worse. The windows have always worked fine as well.

I have heard you can smash out in a V then fill with sand cement and plaster and this may work ?

Or smash out add some ex met then fill ? The crack is not very wide not even a cm but will come back if I skim the wall inside.

Any advice much appreciated

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back