Crack interior wall near opening

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Just been to view another house after the last one fell through due to cracks in the exterior walls and was presented with this? Time to run a mile again or not so sinister? It’s a bungalow and this wall runs long ways along the house in line with the ridge.

Thanks

Attachments

• 3d6ad045-f448-4c9a-9db0-812eb1600255.jpeg
    3d6ad045-f448-4c9a-9db0-812eb1600255.jpeg
    121 KB · Views: 46
Sponsored Links
the last one fell through due to cracks in the exterior walls
Wow, that's bad cracking I hope no one was injured.

Anyway, for starters ...... where are the trees, the shrubs, the drains? What's the wall, floor and roof construction? What's that room, which way does it face, what's the outside wall like, what are the other walls like throughout? Is that an ikea wardrobe?

Sponsored Links
Wow, that's bad cracking I hope no one was injured.

Anyway, for starters ...... where are the trees, the shrubs, the drains? What's the wall, floor and roof construction? What's that room, which way does it face, what's the outside wall like, what are the other walls like throughout? Is that an ikea wardrobe?

This is the wall down the middle of the house so fully internal. The house has a trussed roof where the beams would run at a right angle to this wall so I guess this wall would be supporting them in the middle. Photo is taken from kitchen/diner into living room which was just a huge opening. Most rooms seemed to have cracking where the walls meet the ceilings but only on the fully internal walls.

Was awkward to get a picture with the owners loitering (maybe just me who felt it’s not the done thing usually).

Could be just settlement but don't take my word for it. Why haven't the owners repaired and redecorated. Did you ask them about the cracks

Could be just settlement but don't take my word for it. Why haven't the owners repaired and redecorated. Did you ask them about the cracks
They weren’t concerned about them at all hence just leaving them. Looks like the wall was taken out there in about 2015 as I found it for sale in 2014 with just a normal doorway there.

For you own peace of mind if you are considering buying you really need a surveyors opinion. At least then you have someone to sue if it turns out to be serious. Or I think you would, it's something else you would need to research.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back