Cracked and textured paint exposed when removing wallpaper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all,

I've spent the last couple of days removing wallpaper in our hallway as I'm trying to get the place smartened up so that we can put our house on the market and the hallway is the last room to do in the house and the wallpaper had been removed in patches through various alterations and repairs we've done in the house over the last 6 years so it had to be done.

Image 1 is of the wallpaper before it's removed, and image 2 is the surface I'm left with once I've cleaned the wall and taken the crud off.

View media item 47748
View media item 47749
Can anyone suggest how I'm supposed to prep this surface so I can just paint over it with a white or magnolia without the texture/cracks showing through?

Cheers guys!

Kristian

Sponsored Links
i don't like your chances. It needs either skimming or lining paper.

Scrape off and sand back in order to remove any loose stuff, size with a thinned wallpaper paste and line with no less than 1200 grade paper.

Dec

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back