Cracked drain.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

While digging a trench at the front of my property for the gas service to be installed, I discovered a clay pipe (prob 4-5") which i think must be connected to the front drainpipe (the waste & water drains are at the rear of the house) This pipe is encased in concrete, except for the very top which is partially exposed in places, and has a crack running along it.

The house is terraced, so I assume the pipe serves the run off from the front roofs of several properties.

The problem is that as the pipe is encased in concrete I cannot tell the extent of the damage to it, while it is exposed I would like to repair it, but how can i expose enough of the pipe without damaging it as it is encased in concrete!?...

Any suggestions greatfully received. :)

Sponsored Links
Unless the drain is in a virtual state of imminent collapse,why try and repair it if it,s encased in concrete, unless it,s spewing out when it rains
in which case you will have to dig it out and repair it. Otherwise leave well alone!

Keith.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back