Cracked Shower Tray

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A bit of advice please

Just fitted an acrylic 1200*800 quadrant tray and enclosure which had Stainless steel frame and adjustable legs. As this was a new build I was able to access underneath of shower through the floor floor and ensured all legs were screwed down and nuts locked. Supplier is now telling me it was my fault as the sides of the shower were still touching the floor and that they should be clear from the floor
Is this usual??

Sponsored Links
Just fitted an acrylic 1200*800 quadrant tray and enclosure which had Stainless steel frame and adjustable legs. As this was a new build I was able to access underneath of shower through the floor floor
What?

...and ensured all legs were screwed down and nuts locked.
If they were screwed down, then how was the tray touching the floor floor?

Supplier is now telling me it was my fault as the sides of the shower were still touching the floor and that they should be clear from the floor
Your supplier is quite correct.

Is this usual??
Is what usual?

When you say "new build", is your house or your customer's house?

Are you an installer or a DIYer?

Softus,
further comments in bold

Quote:
...and ensured all legs were screwed down and nuts locked.

If they were screwed down, then how was the tray touching the floor?

Legs were screwed down until firmly touching floor but not lifting tray

Tray was installed in an extension to my own house and I am a DIYer

Softus,
Found out what the problem is. I broke through gel coat to find big void between gel coat and wooden support with no resin in sight. About 8cms wide and 1cm deep!! Not surprisingly gel coat cracked when I stood on it. Nothing to do with installation but typically suppliers blame poor installation to avoid any liability!!

Sponsored Links
i take it you have taken pictures and asked for replacement now!!!!

Nothing to do with installation but typically suppliers blame poor installation to avoid any liability!!
Attempting to lay blame where it doesn't belong isn't typical of the suppliers that I use.

The fact that the supplier pointed out to you that the installation was poor before they knew that the tray was faulty is not a surprise, and isn't typical of anything except the bleeding obvious.

If the tray was also faulty then you've been fortunate.

Some DIYers attempt to save money by using poor quality suppliers and poor quality products, and then blame the supplier when things go wrong.

You gets what you pays for.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back