resin shower tray

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I am replacing at shower tray with a 800 x 800 quadrant shower tray. Unable to use riser legs due to space I have to fit it into is very tight for space. I have made a plinth for it to sit on. All surounding edges are suported. Question is, the inside of tray is about 5mm higher than the edges. Does this need to have any support under it. There was no space for a riser leg in the middle of the tray So I take it it should be strong enough with out any extra support. Is it ok just to support edges. It it strong enough.

J

Sponsored Links
Shower trays are generally set onto a sand/cement mix, unless the manufacturer states otherwise.

Ditto what Flameport said, if you do sit it on a plinth however, the base rather than the edges should be supported

Sponsored Links
yes definatly support the middle ive seen a broken one from a fat man standing in it altough he said he droped the shower head it was on a retaining loop and couldnt reach the tray

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back