Cracked waste elbows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What's going on here then?. Spotted a brown stain on the ceiling this morning. 30 minutes and a few holes later I found a solvent weld condensate pipe where both elbows had cracked.

This would have been installed 6 years ago by a plumber. Pipes not under any tension. Makes me somewhat nervous about the rest of the condensate run!
PXL_20220429_111342090.jpg

Sponsored Links
Does seem odd. Maybe they were manhandled into position in the first place and the problem has only just manifested itself after a lot of expansion and contraction?

Given the amount of excess weld adhesive visible, it begs the question if the Installer has gone overboard with glue, and the excess internally has weakened the fittings, causing that to happen over time. For peace of mind (and what it would probably cost against a complete redecoration), I'd get the Condensate run replaced.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back