Vanity Unit Waste Pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I plan to cut the vertical hot and cold feeds (see picture) and use elbows on the horizontal 15 mm runs to enter the hot and cold feeds horizontally into the back of the vanity.

Any way to adapt this solvent waste pipe (see picture) so it enters the back of the vanity unity horizontally?

I only have an inch of horizontal pipe between the first and second elbow so I'm nervous about trying to get a solvent waste coupler on.

Ideally, I was hoping that I could lift all the waste pipe out of the (push fit?) floor socket and start again. No joy, it appears welded in. Aargh!
:mad:
Help... please.
:)

PS The waste pipe terminates at 180 mm horizontally from the wall and 230 mm high that will result in far more cannibalising of the vanity unit than I'd like.
Vanity.JPG

Sponsored Links
If you cut off the vertical ,black coloured, part of the waste pipe, would the vanity unit be prevented from going all the way back to the wall by the white vertical part that comes up from the floor ? In other words ,would the back of the vanity unit hit the white vertical pipe before its side panels reached the wall ?

Yes - the vanity wouldn't reach the wall.

From the socket in the ground, there is vertical pipe, 1st elbow, horizontal pipe (1" length), 2nd elbow then vertical pipe.

Ideally, I'd like to have a run of horizontal pipe passing through the rear of the vanity. Please see red arrow in the picture. If I cut the second elbow I'm left with a 1" length of 32 mm waste pipe to get a coupler on. I don't know if that's enough pipe to get a coupler on. If not, I don't have a plan B. How to extend the length of pipe horizontally where the red arrow is in the picture... scratches head!

Attachments

• Vanity.JPG
    Vanity.JPG
    302.6 KB · Views: 53
One inch of pipe is plenty to fit a solvent welded fitting to. Cutting a part of the rear of the vanity unit is inevitable if the white vertical pipe prevents the unit from reaching the wall.

Sponsored Links
Well, that's good news! Thanks. I'll get a solvent weld coupler on it. Thanks for your help. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back