wash basin vanity unit waste pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to purchase and install a wash basin vanity unit. There is a 40mm waste pipe running horizontally along the wall at floor level (discharge from shower).
Are (all/any) vanity units designed such that a small section can be cut from the rear of the two sides to allow the waste pipe to pass along the back and also allow for a 'T' joint to accommodate the waste from the basin?
The pipe would be boxed in both sides of the unit thus hiding the cuts B

Sponsored Links
Most things are possible but you will have to look at the individual units to find out. Teeing into the shower waste will almost certainly mean using the shower will siphon the water from the vanity wash basin trap, leading to smells; you will need an anti-siphon (Hepvo) trap. You might also be unlucky enough to find using the washbasin siphons the shower trap as well!

Richard. yes, I am aware that I'll need to fit an aav. I could take the waste out separately if it becomes a problem

Sponsored Links
Richard. yes, I am aware that I'll need to fit an aav. I could take the waste out separately if it becomes a problem
That’s always the best option but rather than fitting an AAAV, you will probably get away with just a Hepvo on the vanity unit unless you start running gallons of water down it which may then draw the water from the shower trap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back