Cracking Example of How Society Really Works.

B

Brigade77

I was out walking the dogs last week & noticed an orphan Swan cygnet in distress on our local lake. Its parents had flown off after foolishly landing on an already occupied & aggressively guarded territory. The cygnet would not have survived the night.

Heading back towards home, I noticed 3 huge charcoal airfilters dumped at the side of the lakes carpark down a steep embankment , the type of filters that are really only ever really used in cannabis grows.

After sorting out the dogs I chucked my makeshift swan bag in the back of the car & headed back to the carpark. I could put the cygnet in the back (BIG estate) & the filters on the back seat, drop the cygnet off at my regular animal rescue & then dump the filters at the local council recycling tip.

There was a chap there already struggling to retrieve & load the filters into his boot, so I gave him a hand, he glanced at the swan bag & asked if I needed any assistance. Well, they're either the easiest things or the hardest things ever to catch, so we both trotted off t'other side of lake to bag the cygnet. On the walk over we chatted about the filters & I tentatively explored whether he knew of their true purpose. Of course he did, & he thought he knew where they originated from as well.

1 & 1/2hrs it took us to bag that cygnet & I swear blind the resident Cob eventually helped us to catch it. I lost count of the number of folk walking past, with a few even muttering under their breath about swan welfare . . . I relocated it to a batchelor pond a few miles away, it checked out healthy & although I cannot reunite it with its parents I can give it the best natural chance for survival that it will get.

Yesterday, there was a huge drugs bust in my village. The old 18th/19th century Doctors house that used to double as the village hospital that no one knows what to do with. It's grade 2 listed, too big & in the wrong location for a single residence & no one will let you convert it to flats. £1millions worth of cannabis growing they claim !

At almost the same time, it is all over my village facebook page about how I & my family will be enjoying roast swan this xmas, from probably the single most ignorant, selfish, stupid & arrogant person I have never known.

If you can guess who humiliated her & shouted her down, & I can guess who grassed up the cannabis grow, then the world is still alright isn't it?

Sponsored Links
Back