Cracking in rendering? Serious or not?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have lived in this property fo 28 years. It was extended 15 years ago by block work above a single room and then rendered. I recently wanted to have the render repaired as a few cracks and have some concerns over several cracks. Pic below.

1. The vertical one in the front, between 2 windows, upper level and lower level appears to be mirrored inside but doesn’t extend to the top,above the lintel or in the normal brickwork. This was a bathroom with. Huge jacuzzi on that wall. So suspect that extra weight could have cause the issue and why block work has split internally.

2. More concerning is the gable wall and corner. This seems to start near the eave at the top and go towards and stop at the telephone wire. I can t see any mirror internally, nor anything in the bottom level. But it is diagonal and stepped which read could be worrying.

I don’t understand if it was worrying why it isn’t affecting the bottom level proper bricks only the block work part.

any theories much appreciated, hubby is going to remove the plaster to see if there is a crack in wall or just mortar,

Attachments

• 83BC3F5A-92C2-4210-8CEB-96A8E47B9C4D.jpeg
    83BC3F5A-92C2-4210-8CEB-96A8E47B9C4D.jpeg
    292.4 KB · Views: 103
  • F47DB924-BA68-48D0-B7A3-24C16452C557.jpeg
    F47DB924-BA68-48D0-B7A3-24C16452C557.jpeg
    264 KB · Views: 100
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back