cracks appearing on walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
upload_2021-3-3_17-18-11.png
Hi. I’ve recently noticed cracks appearing on walls around the house internally... This one is from the door frame to coving...

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
New cracks have appeared everywhere especially above or branching out from the corners of door frames... My house is a three floored terrace. It’s really noticeable to me as I had only painted it myself in October and took before & after photos.

I don't understand what was done to the roof.

Hi. Sorry I’m new to this forum & trying to figure it out. Thanks for your patience... It was a new roof & a few timbers replaced... I had more leaks after they finished the job than I had before... So I had to get them back again & again... I still have the back scaffolding up and they started this job 9th December... They also replaced new caps on my unused chimneys where before it was ridge tiles and still the rain gets in...

can you phtograph the roof timbers please

when you are doing the walls

which stories of the house have cracked?

Hi. All three floors have cracked... Mostly above the door frames and one under the stairs where the wood meets the plaster... I have found hairline cracks on the basement walls too all new...

What is "everywhere"? Internal walls, external walls, the outside and inside of external walls? The ceiling?

Photos from a few metres back showing cracks in context of their location would be better and a macro photo.

Are the doors binding, is the gap around the doors even? Was the gap ever even?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back