Cracks in mastic

J

jonathen

Hi all,

On Monday a tiler replaced some old tiles in my shower and I have not used it since to ensure it's all dry etc. Was about to use it this evening and have noticed hairline cracks in some of the mastic between the bottom tiles and the shower tray. Also some in the corner.

Is this a bad sign, or normal? Should I call him back and get him to re-apply the mastic?

Sorry if this is really basic, but I'm a computer nut and not very good at DIY things!

Thanks

Jon

Sponsored Links
That's worrying. One thing for sure is that if you've got cracks in your mastic then either 1.) it's the wrong product or 2.) it's been wrongly applied. First call is to the fitter. Then if you believe what he says and trust him to have a second go, let him do it again. Ask him what product he's using and report back.
If you have no confidence, remove it and do it yourself.
Fitting tips here //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=72231

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back