Cracks in plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, hopefully someone can help me. We went for a second viewing of a house yesterday which we love but noticed there are cracks throught the interior in the plaster walls and on the ceiling.
Some run the length of a room and continue in the same line out into the hall and through to another bedroom. The majority aren't wide, more hairline size. There's one running vertically down an exterior wall about a good from a window which is more concerning. I've attached a photo.
I don't know anything about it really and realise it would show in a survey but just wondered if alarm bells would be ringing if any of you experts saw them. Obviously a survey is expensive so if people get the feeling they Ste just cosmetic and can be filled its not an issue.

We looked outside and there aren't any cracks visible there. It's a Victorian terrace.

Thank you very much in advance

Jay

Sponsored Links
slight movement nothing to worry about juat kee an eye on it knife out the cracks and fill with filler sand and paint mite need two coats of filler

May just be movement but I would want to suggest that from 3 photos - get a proper survey done and build repairs into the buying price.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back