Cracks in the Paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently decorated my living room and hall. I painted the walls and also the ceiling. The walls are made of plasterboard and are soaking in the paint into it which is making the paint looked cracked. Is there a way of stopping this?

Sponsored Links
i have recently had my flat re-plasted and was advised to put wallpaper paste on the walls to seal them and stop the paint soaking in and cracking. Don't know if it is too late for you to do this now or not...if it is you may just have to keep putting more paint on until the walls stop soaking it up!

basically the plaster is drying out and as its doing so its cracking. use some decorators caulk to fill the gaps if they are not to wide and then paint over them.

I have recently decorated my living room and hall. I painted the walls and also the ceiling. The walls are made of plasterboard and are soaking in the paint into it which is making the paint looked cracked. Is there a way of stopping this?

people are not really ment to paint the walls for at least 6months to 1year after it has been plastered,
even tho the plaster feels dry it is still soaking up moister from the air,
that is why your paint is cracking/pealing off,
i wud leave for a few months then paint it again,

the plasterer should of told you this!!! :evil:

Sponsored Links
i have recently had my flat re-plasted and was advised to put wallpaper paste on the walls to seal them and stop the paint soaking in and cracking. Don't know if it is too late for you to do this now or not...if it is you may just have to keep putting more paint on until the walls stop soaking it up!

The above post should be deleted for wrongfull advice.
Wallpaper paste should be completely removed/washed off before any paint is applied.

old post :rolleyes:

jondecs";p="1263949 said:

This one ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back