Flexible Paint on Walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have quite a few hairline cracks on my ceilings from plasterboard joins

I'm currently decorating and looking at the following product to solve the problem

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Master-Flexible-Ceiling-Cover-Paint/invt/605300

I have two walls with the same issue and I'm wondering if this type of paint is OK to apply on these walls and overpaint?

If so how long how would I have to leave the paint before putting the overcoat on?

Thanks,
Chris

Sponsored Links
You really need to fill the cracks with a decent filler like Red Devil 'onetime' filler then apply good trade emulsion from a trade counter. ..
Youll need to use lining paper or Wallrock paper if there is movement
That paint 'doesnt-do-what-it-say-on-the-tin' really...Especially on a 'flexible' ceiling.

If the cracks are on the plasterboard joints on walls and ceiling you would do well to check if the joints were taped properly to prevent this or possibly [using Drywall screws ] re- screw the problem areas on both sides where the plasterboard joins to give some added strength.Their are many "flexible" fillers on the market,personally I prefer easyfill, available from trade outlets or B&Q, as it fills and sands well.Having done this you should not have to use "flexible paint"as it probably is'nt,as posted, and will be expensive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back