Cradle for Power drill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Some years ago B&D used to make a sort of cradle for a power drill (handle upwards) which could be mounted on a work bench so that the drill could be used horizontally. I've tried an internet search but I've only come across those clamps which look like portable vises with a circular bit to take the neck of the drill. I guess I'm not using the right invocation in the search engine :). I'd be grateful for any help towards identifying such a clamp (manufacturer, model, etc.).

Sponsored Links
As far as I can remember, the early power drills had a shallow counterbored hole on the back, to allow a thumbscrew to be tightened into it.....of course, those were the days when power tools were invariably all metal.
Its commonplace now for drills to have a eurochuck mounting i.e the drill boss is 43 mm diameter. Will this not suit you?
John :)

Thank you John (Burnerman) and foxhole.
It looks like I'll have to create my own cradle - the ones in the links are what I have seen, but I wanted something comparable in stability to the vertical stand which I have on the workbench.

Sponsored Links
@gregers Thanks for the link but I've already got a vertical pillar stand like that. I want a cradle to mount the drill horizontally - handle up.

@[/b]freddymercurystwin[/b]
Thanks for the posts. I like the DIY one and I'll be having a go at that. The B&D stand looks to be a bit small for most drills these days. The KWB looks like a useful standby.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back