crap music

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
started listening to the charts lately & could'nt believe the amount of cover versions that have been completely ruined...i.e don henley/boys of summer.robert miles/children.stevie winwood/valerie....all good records originally but have been ripped to s*** with annoying techno drums and samples(gonna get my 5yr olds drum machine & do a cover version of bohemian rhapsody :eek: )why do all the boy bands split up after a couple of years ?when you consider queen/status quo/bruce springsteen/madonna still going strong decades after they started and moved with the times,they we're all original artists with original songs.oops forgot elton john & rod stewart.so everyone listen to the charts this week for the BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY REMIX BY OHMYGODWHATHAVEYOUDONE.:cool:

Sponsored Links
When I was a teenager listening to the Rolling Stones music, my dad said he didn't understand it. I told him he wasn't supposed to.

now you can understand your dad saying you were listening to rubbish when you were young :LOL: I thought the same about a lot of the mid to late 70's stuff and beyond

Sponsored Links
It is a different thing though. The 60s and 70s (to a lesser extent) turned out some absolute classics. The equivalent of these covers and remixes would be if the Stones had done a cover version of "Mr Wu's a Window Cleaner", or "Daisy Daisy". Although, The Who did cover "Summertime Blues" and I think it was good. But then in my eyes The Who could have done no wrong. :D

The two remixes that make me want to throw things are that one where someone has taken a sample from "Inside my Love" by Minnie Riperton, the bit where she says "Two people, just meeting...", and played that over and over again. Whatsmore it is sped up so the original chipmunk-like voice now sounds plain stupid. The second one is where someone has ruined "Somebody to Love" by Jefferson Airplane. Fine, the girl in the video that accompanies the song is rather nice. But the problem is people only want to remix the good songs, and they are remixed for a chav audience. You can't "appreciate" it, because you have more than two braincells to rub together :LOL:

The reason boy-bands split up so soon now is because they become unprofitable. When I was a teenager, girls were swooning over East-17 and Take That. Seeing as even Robbie Williams is now a pot-bellied middle-aged man who has become more than a little sad, I really can't imagine a new generation of teenage girls would swoon for them. Although a female friend of mine had a real thing for David Hasselhof when we were 11. :LOL:

I think the Red Hot Chili Peppers are pretty interesting. We are now on about the 4th generation of fans, yet each time they reinvent themselves they manage to hold on to the old fans. Is there anyone under the age of 40 who doesn't like at least one Chilli Peppers song?

I can remember how my mum and dad used to say they preferred the original versions, when I used to buy records in the 60's and 70's.

To me its much like fashion with the same old things coming and going.

The trouble with today's is they are either copies, rather than versions, or just rubbish. This must be the record companies preferring easy money, rather than giving new talent or writers a chance.

I think (depending what you like) there are also some nice proper singers about at the moment too. The likes of Norah Jones, Katie Melua and Joss Stone spring to mind, but there are also many others.

I can't see the times that produced good and long lived groups such as Stones,Quo, Eagles,ELO plus dozens of others, ever coming back.

As I am typing this the Four Tops (don't walk away renee)are on the radio, now it would be impossible to repeat the Motown era.

If somebody doesn't like a certain type of music do they have the right to call it rubbish? I'm guilty of this myself as I refer to rap as rubbish, but do I have the right to do so? There are some wealthy rap artists about so someone is buying it.

shaggy said:
If somebody doesn't like a certain type of music do they have the right to call it rubbish? I'm guilty of this myself as I refer to rap as rubbish, but do I have the right to do so? There are some wealthy rap artists about so someone is buying it.

No need to call Rap rubbish, too much work, just stick a C in front of it. :LOL:

i dont belive in calling music rubbish its a bit intolerant we all like different things ;) ;)
its totaly unfair to think we have the monopily in good taste in music and everybody elses taste is wrong [although it is very very hard not to think this is s h 1 t music somtimes :LOL: :LOL: :D ;) ]

Anyone who has seen even one episode of "Pop Stars" et al will know that the pop industry is often the musical equivalent of Gordon Ramsay dressing up a dog turd with some herbs and garnish and selling it as paté. :eek: Take 400 talentless wannabes, one grumpy middle-aged man who tries to compensate for his small penis by taking relish in upsetting them, and then put it on TV 5 times a freakin' day.

Back to the food analogy, 8-year olds love fishfingers and alphabites but you wouldn't find any adult relishing the thought of a box of Cap'n Birdseye's finest. In the same way, children and teens will always be buying music that is by all reasonable standards, c**p. But, if that is the music they like, and the food they like, they should be allowed to have it (within moderation).

To be fair, an 8-year old listening to Will Young has never bothered me, but the t**t with a stereo fitted to his moped who was "chilling" outside the cinema last night with the rest of his "crew" (or is it cru? He didn't look like a champagne drinker although the chavs round here do seem to like to drink cheap fizz and pretend ;) ) It made me want to start some kind of mods/rockers rivalry... although I don't think "wide-ranging taste vs. UK Garage" would really be as catchy. Nor inspire Quadrophenia 2. ;)

AdamW said:
Seeing as even Robbie Williams is now a pot-bellied middle-aged man

Jeez, Adam, what's your definition of middle-aged???!! :LOL:

well there's not a lot to say now, after that lot.
By the way, did Daisy ever give her answer?
If Ohmygod..... really wants to cover anything (and i'm not talking sheep) then for lyrics go to www.lyrics007.com it's Fab.
Just recently there have been some good songs sung by good singers as those already mentioned, but it is amazing sometimes when I hear a voice that I think sounds great, but singing absolute rubbish songs.
Never mind dah-de-dah..........

securespark said:
AdamW said:
Seeing as even Robbie Williams is now a pot-bellied middle-aged man

Jeez, Adam, what's your definition of middle-aged???!! :LOL:

50+ normally. However, Robbie Williams played a concert at Knebworth House in summer 2003 that resulted in half of the roads in Hertfordshire (including the A1M) grinding to a hault for the better part of a day.

So, I merely estimated all the time that those poor motorists will never get back, and took it off Robbie's lifespan, so he is now effectively 57. And a half. ;)

I tell you, it was hell. Sitting on snarled up road, nowhere to go, all I could hear was so**ing Robbie Williams crooning away, about 3 miles away.

Sponsored Links
Back